Monday, September 6, 2010

Asian Feast

The family came into town late August to bring Stick back down to school, and we were able to catch up on a lot over this meal.  I chose Chinese because this is something that my sister and I used to cook when I was crashing at their place, and it's a never fail meal but this time we added a delicious appetizer!


This was my first crack at making Crab Rangoon, and let me tell you they are extremely simple and taste amazing.  With the presentation in a nice little pattern around the dipping sauce these things were gone in a matter of minutes...it was a good thing we made a bundle!

The main course consisted of General Tso's Chicken and Chicken Lo Mein.  There are both a calorie counting way and a traditional way to make General Tso's and with the family in town I decided to splurge and make my own chicken nuggets.  Along with that came the Lo Mein and this too there are a few different ingredients you can use depending on personal preference...celery, carrots, mushrooms, scrambled eggs...the list goes on, but in the end this is a rough image...
The only way to top this meal is by making my own fortune cookies...and trust me, I will find a way

No comments:

Post a Comment