Monday, January 31, 2011

Appetizer Central


I had a craving for appetizers and not the main dish.  So when I found a way to make liquid cheese with a double boiler I couldn't help myself.  There are many extra additions you can put in the cheese while it's cooking too. I chose to add jalapeño peppers, green and red bell peppers, and to top it off some shredded chicken.











A few night later I chose to make my version of a loaded potato skin. We decided to maximize to potato and cut it into 7 half inch rounds.  You can add anything from cheese, bacon bits, sour cream, and green onions.



Lastly I remember the steak fries that we served at Mac and Bob's and how good they were, so I gave my attempt at making the same thing and I do have to say that it is very close to the same thing.  I can tell you too that if you want to make them crunchy, run them through the oil until brown and dry and them run them through a second time and it makes them a little more crispy on the outside but still very soft on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment